Batter life estimate not working

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
colaxs

Batter life estimate not working

Post by colaxs »

Hi everyone

i used to be an ubuntu junkie before i moved to mint 9 simply because it was the only distro that let me install drivers for ralink 3090 in 64 bit :)

but there's a bit of a problem with battery life estimate on mint 9 with my HP Dv6 3143 notebook. i confirmed in windows that the battery is 100% charged, restart and boot into mint 9 desktop, unplug the adapter and now the batter life estimator tells me that there's only 26% battery life left. it also doesn't tell me how much time is left.

What could be the reason for this? in windows, i generally manage to get around three and a half hours out of my notebook.

otherwise, i've been loving using the mint 9 desktop so far :D

thanks guys
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
unexistance

Re: Batter life estimate not working

Post by unexistance »

Hi,

I believe mint9 needs some time to correctly estimates your battery, means you need to use it for a certain hours + reboots.

Regards,
inktitan

Re: Batter life estimate not working

Post by inktitan »

unexistance wrote:Hi,

I believe mint9 needs some time to correctly estimates your battery, means you need to use it for a certain hours + reboots.

Regards,
+1
I had to wait about 30 minutes before mine would read. Now it works at start up.

Return to “Beginner Questions”