ATI CCC wont launch

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Kyle=D

ATI CCC wont launch

Post by Kyle=D »

I just recently switched from Windows 7 to mint 9 so I apologize if this is a dumb question, but I couldn't find a solution on google.

So in the mint menu, if I go to launch the ATI catalyst control center (administrative) the menu closes, but the app never launches. The normal catalyst control center launches just fine though. Likewise if I use the menu bar, instead of the mint menu, the catalyst control center (administrative) launches just fine. I prefer the mint menu, so I'd like to use that but it doesn't make sense to add the menu bar just to launch the control center to change displays. I have a tv hooked up to my computer as well as a monitor but I only use the tv when I want to watch dvds or something off my computer. So is there a way to get the ATI catalyst control center (administrative) to launch from the mint menu, or should I just use the stick to the menu bar?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: ATI CCC wont launch

Post by richyrich »

Suggestion:
I would look into the differences between the commands that start them. (Which one works?)
Then I would right-click mintMenu, edit Menu, and find/change the command of the CCC icon/shortcut that isn't working. Save and close. Right-click mintMenu again, Reload plugins . . .
Kyle=D

Post by Kyle=D »

richyrich wrote:Suggestion:
I would look into the differences between the commands that start them. (Which one works?)
Then I would right-click mintMenu, edit Menu, and find/change the command of the CCC icon/shortcut that isn't working. Save and close. Right-click mintMenu again, Reload plugins . . .
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it, and they both have the same command. Apparently if I add the ATI CCC to the panel from the mint menu it will work too, it just wont work from the mint menu.
LongRider

Post by LongRider »

Strange, I have the same problem. Must be a bug in the launcher.
I used Alt-F2 then

Code: Select all

gksu amdcccle
and it worked fine.

Switching to su in a terminal and running the command

Code: Select all

amdxdg-su -c amdcccle
spits out some Gconf errors which is probably whats wrong. I didn't look into it any further since the "gksu amdcccle" worked fine for me.
Kyle=D

Post by Kyle=D »

Thanks LongRider, I switched the commands out in the launchers and it solved it.

Return to “Beginner Questions”