STUMPED!!! SOLVED!

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
guns90

STUMPED!!! SOLVED!

Post by guns90 »

I really want to make Linux Mint my OS, BUT I cannot get my printer to work with it. I have researched and tried everything I can find on this forum to no avail. My printer works fine with Ubuntu 10, so something has been changed in Linux Mint 10, but I'm just not that knowledgeable of linux to figure out what it is. All of the HPLIP info and downloads that I have found only address up to Linux Mint 8.

The best I have been able to do is to get a black HP window in the upper right corner stating that the job has been received and is printing. About ten seconds later another window appears and says the print job has completed; however, nothing happened. Can I please have some help with this?

Biostar TA790GX-128M
AMD Athlon 64 X 2 6400+
HP Laserjet P1006 printer
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DrHu

Re: STUMPED!!!

Post by DrHu »

HP Laserjet P1006 printer
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1082174
--it will need some checking on your part, start troubleshooting, since it will likely be a cups conf or hplip version problem (if it is not hardware connections etc..)

To me it sounds like an HPLIP configuration problem, check the Ubuntu versions (of hplip) and the configuration to see differences ?
--OH, one other thing 32bit vs 64bit OS, which is Ubuntu using ?
k3lt01

Re: STUMPED!!!

Post by k3lt01 »

Don't forget to check things that are to obvious to check like printing to file and not actually to the printer.
guns90

Re: STUMPED!!! SOLVED!

Post by guns90 »

I finally found it. I t was a plug-in from HP. Thanks guys.
fbest

Re: STUMPED!!! SOLVED!

Post by fbest »

I am having the same problem. What did you do to install the plug-in?

Return to “Beginner Questions”