How do I install something from Universe reposiroty

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

How do I install something from Universe reposiroty

Postby glenn69 on Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:37 pm

I need to upgrade PyQT from 4.1 that comes with Mint 3.1 to PyQt 4.3.1.

It is listed on Ubuntu site as being part of Universe repository. How do i go about upgrading it on my Mint 3.1?

Thanks
glenn69
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby GrayWizardLinux on Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:58 pm

I am new to linux but go into syanptic and either d a search or else manually search for what you are looking for - the is the restricted stuff, universe and multiverse areas for the various application types in the list.

there is obviously a command line way too but I am afraid I cannot help you there.
GrayWizardLinux
Level 6
Level 6

Postby civint on Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:25 am

if the repository is not enabled, that may be why you cannot get it. It should be under an options menu.
If it's there and not checked, heck it, or if it's not there at all, you could add it by just hitting add, and fillingin the blanks!

(do a google for all the details..just google ubuntu universe repository, and it'ss point you towards some of the mirrors.
civint
Level 3
Level 3

Return to Newbie Questions