SOLVED Help with partitions

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Proudhon

SOLVED Help with partitions

Post by Proudhon »

How do you make a partition after you have installed Linux? I'm using Mint9, if some one could point me to a good how to that'd be awesome. :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JasonLG

Re: Help with partitions

Post by JasonLG »

Proudhon wrote:How do you make a partition after you have installed Linux? I'm using Mint9, if some one could point me to a good how to that'd be awesome. :D
That really depends on where you want the partition. As long as you're not trying to change your system partition(s)(where your / and or /home is) then you can install gparted by entering this in to a terminal and use it to partition usb sticks and external drives and such. It's pretty self explanatory.

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install gparted
If you're trying to move or resize a system partition(s) you'll need to boot off a LiveCD and use gparted from it.

Return to “Beginner Questions”