Thinkpad R51 - anyway of stopping doubleclick on trackpad

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Thinkpad R51 - anyway of stopping doubleclick on trackpad

Postby GrayWizardLinux on Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:24 am

I have a Thinkpad R51 - anyway of stopping the doubleclick on trackpad. I never use a mouse and the doubleclick is starting to be annoying. You have to be so very careful and even then it happens. My wife's first trial on Linux - was an issue with the doubleclick on the trackpad.

no way in the mouse menu area.

thank you.

p.s. I looked around at other forums etc. and some of the suggestions do not seem to work for many of the people. in a couple of cases what was suggested created a mess.
GrayWizardLinux
Level 6
Level 6

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby Boo on Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:11 am

Now where was i going? Oh yes, crazy!
Boo
Level 8
Level 8

Postby GrayWizardLinux on Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:26 am

help!!!! did exactly as to what waS SAID. system crashed cannot use it now typing from my powerbook...help so I do not have to redo the system. should have left it as is. celena worked great until this hack.

no it loads in text and jumbled text mode.
GrayWizardLinux
Level 6
Level 6

Postby GrayWizardLinux on Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:27 am

I am redoing the system and living with the trackpad as is - just hope I can get the wireless working again. Re: all of my tweaks - No - I am living things as is and not wasting time tweaking it.

THAT is why I am cautious about using command line to all of you who know what you are doing. I followed the instructions and I lose my system.

thank you anyway.
GrayWizardLinux
Level 6
Level 6

Return to Newbie Questions