Release Notes

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
belovedmonster
Level 5
Level 5

Release Notes

Post by belovedmonster »

Everyone posts here to compliment the distro but I thought I would be a bit different and compliment the release notes that go along side each new version of Mint. They have slowly been getting better and better to the point now where I don't think I've read any other release notes that are quite as good. I think they make it very clear what you are getting before you download the latest version. Just thought I'd let you know your work is appreciated. It's polish like this which is ultimately going to make or break linux for the mainstream.
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Release Notes

Post by Oscar799 »

Read and archived
BrianD

Post by BrianD »

oscar799 wrote:Read and archived
what is the point of responding "read and archived" to numerous ancient posts, thus flooding the "new messages" queue for everybody?
hemimaniac

Post by hemimaniac »

BrianD wrote:
oscar799 wrote:Read and archived
what is the point of responding "read and archived" to numerous ancient posts, thus flooding the "new messages" queue for everybody?

Probably trying to get the post number up, not to mention aggravating those of use who use the rss feature for new posts. thus flooding our readers as mentioned above
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

BrianD and hemimaniac,
Sorry if this is causing nuisance.
We are archiving posts over two years old that are still sitting on the unanswered posts list.
The only way we have found to remove them from this list is to move them to the archive and answer them,and "read and archived" as wording for the reply does seem sensible.
oscar799
Forum Moderator

Return to “Beginner Questions”