Uninstall Jolicould and leave Linux Mint

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
robbrown.au

Uninstall Jolicould and leave Linux Mint

Post by robbrown.au »

Hi
I have a eeepc now duel booting with Linux Mint and Jolicould... I want to delete the Jolicould OS while leave the current Linux Mint on there and running (I have no CD/DVD drive to do a reinstall of Mint). If there is a way to do this it would be great.

Many Thanks in Advance...
Rob Brown

PS: Please don't get to tech I know very little about Linux but love Mint.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JasonLG

Re: Uninstall Jolicould and leave Linux Mint

Post by JasonLG »

robbrown.au wrote:Hi
I have a eeepc now duel booting with Linux Mint and Jolicould... I want to delete the Jolicould OS while leave the current Linux Mint on there and running (I have no CD/DVD drive to do a reinstall of Mint). If there is a way to do this it would be great.

Many Thanks in Advance...
Rob Brown

PS: Please don't get to tech I know very little about Linux but love Mint.
We're going to have to get at least a little bit tech, sorry can't be avoided :D

Anyhow, I don't suppose if you can tell me if they are on separate partitions? If they are it's as simple as deleting the Jolicould partition and running sudo update-grub in a terminal.
robbrown.au

Post by robbrown.au »

Yes they are on diff partitions... will Google on how to del the other partition, thanks so much....
willie42
Level 7
Level 7

Post by willie42 »

If you dont have gparted installed already you can go to the package manager and install and then run gparted and Remove the partition.

Code: Select all

sudo update-grub
then when you choose to re use the partition then used gparted to format and re use as desired
Comptia A+ Certified Technician
Comptia Network + Certified Technician
You can not have Success without Failures.

Return to “Beginner Questions”