Linux Mint 10 & Compiz

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lKingjr

Linux Mint 10 & Compiz

Post by lKingjr »

I'm running LM 10 in VirtualBox on a Mac host. If I try and start Fusion-Icon, not only does LM lock up, but VB and my iMac as well. I have to power it off. My question is, I also have Ubuntu 10.10 which works fine with Compiz in VirtualBox, seeing that LM 10 is based on Ubuntu 10.10, can you think of a reason this would be the case?

thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JonM33

Re: Linux Mint 10 & Compiz

Post by JonM33 »

I have a similar question. I am using a Windows 7 host with a Radeon HD 4830. I am using VirutalBox 3.2.10 and have installed the 3.2.10 Guest Additons. I get a large display size, which is good, but no Compiz effects. I enabled 3D on the VBox guest options and also set the video memory to 128MB. This worked without a problem for LM9. Not sure why it wouldn't work for LM10 now.

Any ideas?

Return to “Beginner Questions”