Virtual PC Installation

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Randy

Virtual PC Installation

Post by Randy »

MS Virtual PC 7 installation keeps coming up with the error "unrecoverable processor error has been encountered". Are you able to install on the Virtual? It's just like a "new" machine. I allow 640mb of memory and all the VHD space it wants, but keeps coming up with errors. Would really like to try out this software before installing for real. Thanks for any help.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Pilosopong Tasyo
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Virtual PC Installation

Post by Pilosopong Tasyo »

I recommend you use VirtualBox as your virtualizer instead of VirtualPC. VirtualBox is far more friendlier to Linux distributions. Visit their website @ www.virtualbox.org

HTH and good luck!
o Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will eat for a lifetime!
o If an issue has been fixed, please edit your first post and add the word [SOLVED].
Randy

Re: Virtual PC Installation

Post by Randy »

Pilosopong Tasyo wrote:I recommend you use VirtualBox as your virtualizer instead of VirtualPC. VirtualBox is far more friendlier to Linux distributions. Visit their website @ http://www.virtualbox.org

HTH and good luck!
Thanks, will try that instead...Greatly appreciated!

Return to “Beginner Questions”