SOLVED::: Gave Uppassword for linuxmint 9 install disk?????

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
garrydb

SOLVED::: Gave Uppassword for linuxmint 9 install disk?????

Post by garrydb »

trying to install mint 9.. gets to a screen that calls for a login name and password.. It never gave any screens before this except for boot in so many seconds... Is there a pswd and name for this? if not, what do I do? thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
colyn

Re: password for linuxmint 9 install disk?????

Post by colyn »

Where did you get this disk?

No password is needed to run a Mint disk.
jokersloose
Level 4
Level 4

Post by jokersloose »

Did you check the disk to make sure all the #'s matched? Never had a MInt CD ask for a password

James
garrydb

Post by garrydb »

thanks for fast response.. I downloaded it from LinuxMint download site, and yes, all numbers matched in the MD5 checksum.. Since then I tossed it in the trash.. Trying once again to Install mint 10kde... It installs great, then when I reboot, it finds NO boot loader. can you help me with this? The Live part works great, but after install it won't boot. won't show any screen...
thx1138

Post by thx1138 »

There's no Mint 10 Kde edition around.
Please check your source again.
garrydb

Post by garrydb »

thanks anyway... as far as KDE, that was my error, it's gnome.

Return to “Beginner Questions”