'Universal Access' entry in the Menu is not showing up

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
timmu_india

'Universal Access' entry in the Menu is not showing up

Post by timmu_india »

The 'Universal Access' entry in the Menu is not showing up. When I check it in the Menu editor, it automatically unchecks it. I need it for Kannada language keyboard input. Need assistance...
Screenshot-Main Menu.png
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
viking777

Re: 'Universal Access' entry in the Menu is not showing up

Post by viking777 »

I know almost nothing about Universal Access, but one thing I would urge you to have a look at is the Mint Control Centre. Type 'as' into the search window and it will show you a menu entry called 'Assistive Technologies'. Click on this and you will get an application launching that has several options in it, one of which is a tick box for 'enable assistive technologies'. I would give that a try to start with. If that doesn't work then have a look at the other options in there. I have no idea if this will work but it can't hurt to give it a try.

Sorry I can't be more precise than that, but as I said I know nothing about this part of Mint.
timmu_india

Re: 'Universal Access' entry in the Menu is not showing up

Post by timmu_india »

Actually, sorry I already did that research, it did not work and that is why my question is up here. Thank you for your time. Any other ideas?...

Return to “Beginner Questions”