Update Mint LXDE 9 to 10?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Lordareon

Update Mint LXDE 9 to 10?

Post by Lordareon »

Yes i Know Its Not Recommended and all, but there is a way to update Linux Mint 9 LXDE to 10 Julia, keeping the Lxde desktop and without installing GNOME?
By the way, Thanks this is the best LXDE distro i've found! i Installed on my Removable HD and Give 10 Gbs to Mint and the 310 remaining to files in NTFS partition so i can access them in windows!

By the way anybody knows when Mint LXDE 10 Release will be out? and Mint4WIn will be included? (i know its "when its done", but "how much is complete" will satisfy.)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Aging Technogeek

Re: Update Mint LXDE 9 to 10?

Post by Aging Technogeek »

No one but the developers can give you any type of answer to your specific question.

If you are a registered member on the Mint Community Website, you can periodically check this page

http://community.linuxmint.com/iso

To see if the preliminary ISO has been submitted for testing and, if so, what its current status is. Do this and you will know as much as any of us and more than some.

You can install the LXDE desktop on Mint 10 Gnome edition, but it will not be the same. Some of the Gnome desktop will bleed over into LXDE and you will get things like multiple entries in the menu, the desktop could look like a merge of Gnome and LXDE, and other horrors.
Lordareon

Re: Update Mint LXDE 9 to 10?

Post by Lordareon »

ok so, only when Linux Mint 10 LXDE be released i will be able to update it?

Return to “Beginner Questions”