Network adapter doesn't work after resume from sleep

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bugmenotprettyplz

Network adapter doesn't work after resume from sleep

Post by bugmenotprettyplz »

Running Mint 10.
Sometimes after resuming from sleep, all websites will fail to load and I have to restart before it works again, other times it will resume from sleep fine.
Any ideas?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
frank_claessen

Re: Network adapter doesn't work after resume from sleep

Post by frank_claessen »

bugmenotprettyplz wrote:Running Mint 10.
Sometimes after resuming from sleep, all websites will fail to load and I have to restart before it works again, other times it will resume from sleep fine.
Any ideas?
Not what one would call enough information to work with.

Tell us more: what kind of network adapter are we talking? Wired - wireless?

Did you work with the same hardware before with perhaps Mint 9 or some other distro?

Does the panel below show you the icon for network connections and if so - clicking it - what info is shown?

Give us something more to work with
bugmenotprettyplz

Sorry about that.
It is a wired one, from the GA-MA785GT-UD3H motherboard.
This is the first time I have used linux, only installed a couple days ago, never had the issue on windows 7 though.
It is working fine at the moment so not 100% sure, but I think it did tell me that the network was connected, I also tried disconnecting and reconnecting to the network which had no effect the last time the problem occurred.
Thanks
TBABill
Level 6
Level 6

Post by TBABill »

How long did you wait for it to respond once it woke up? With my wireless (Broadcom BCM4312) it takes over 1 minute for the thing to even recognize a network is available, then try to connect. This does not happen in Mint 9, just Mint 10 and Ubuntu 10.10. If you give it a bit more time does it finally connect? Or just stays off till you restart?
bugmenotprettyplz

Okay it happened again, I waited at least 10 minutes but no good.
I tried disabling and reenabling networking, no good. I took a screenshot of the connection info though, here it is.
While the connection wasn't working:

After rebooting:

Return to “Beginner Questions”