(Solved) Open applications with a single click - How to?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ElectricRider

(Solved) Open applications with a single click - How to?

Post by ElectricRider »

Where is the setting that lets me change my default double click to a single click for opening applications?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Radar

Re: Open applications with a single click - How to?

Post by Radar »

Open up your Nautilus file browser > edit > preferences > behavior tab > enable single click to open items.
Clyde

Post by Clyde »

i don't have nautilus file browser ... the way i do it is thru control center 'hardware', 'mouse', 'accessibility'
ElectricRider

Post by ElectricRider »

I am sorry. I should have said i'm using KDE and Dolphin is my file browser ( I think)

Where is the control center for kde.. or is there another way?
ElectricRider

Post by ElectricRider »

I found it for KDE

Open Dolphin, Go to Settings -> Configure Dolphin -> Navigation - Under mouse you can choose single click or double click to open files and folders.

Thanks guys for the answers.

P.S. hey Clyde - don't you mean 3 Gigabytes of ram ( sig file). If you can run on 3 mb of ram, I gotta see that! hehe
Clyde

Re: (Solved) Open applications with a single click - How to?

Post by Clyde »

ElectricRider wrote:P.S. hey Clyde - don't you mean 3 Gigabytes of ram ( sig file). If you can run on 3 mb of ram, I gotta see that! hehe
oops - corrected and changed ! - system seems to be running a lot faster now :lol:

thanks for spotting it ElectricRider :wink:

Return to “Beginner Questions”