How to work Banshee?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
gibbs1984
Level 5
Level 5

How to work Banshee?

Post by gibbs1984 »

Hi all,

Used to use Songbird but I'm not liking it anymore and I do like Banshee but one problem I seem to have is if I remove songs from my library it seems to mess up my files in my Music folder.

For example I had an album that I had renamed all the files to what I wanted and then tagged them all using EasyTag, scanned for music in my Music folder, found them all perfectly but I wanted to remove everything and start again as there was music in there that I didn't want, highlighted the ones I didn't want and selected remove from library (not delete from drive), it removed them fine but then when I went back to my Music folder it had renamed all the files to Various Artist and moved them to a different folder, really strange.

Does anyone know how to remove and add music to Banshee without it messy up my music, below is a screenshot of a file that got moved out of its original file and into a different folder:

Oh, I'm using Linux Mint 10 Gnome 32 bit and Banshee 1.8.0.

Click to enlarge:

Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Linux Mint 20.3 (Cinnamon) 64bit.
proxima_centauri

Re: How to work Banshee?

Post by proxima_centauri »

I renamed a folder of MP3's with EasyTag. I selected all the files in Banshee and selected Remove from Library. I rescanned my music collection and the files I had changed now showed up under the new heading I labeled them with. No change in my Music folder that I can tell.

Not really sure what happened in your case.

Return to “Beginner Questions”