RESOLVED --> Lost My "Linux Mint Menu" w/Release 9

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Shredder

RESOLVED --> Lost My "Linux Mint Menu" w/Release 9

Post by Shredder »

Is there a better way to get it back?

In case this helps --> I found my original release 9 install disc and I also created a release 10 disc (which works great, BTW)

Mega-thanks!!!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
gibbs1984
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Lost My "Linux Mint Menu" w/Release 9

Post by gibbs1984 »

Are you talking about the MintMenu on the panel?

In which case, right click the panel > Add to panel > select MintMenu.

I'm not on my Linux machine at the moment but I believe those are the correct selections.

If that's not your question then I'm confused.
Linux Mint 20.3 (Cinnamon) 64bit.
Shredder

Post by Shredder »

|
|
This is the message I've received - I believe it has something to do with not being able to install the Mint Menu
|
|
Also, my Update Manager is no longer functional
|
|
Thanks
|
|
Shredder

Post by Shredder »

I'll gladly accept any suggestions.

Thank you
piquat

Post by piquat »

In synaptic type "mintmenu" in the search.

Right click it and choose "Mark for Reinstallation" or you could remove it completely first and then install it. Worth a shot.
Shredder

Post by Shredder »

piquat wrote:In synaptic type "mintmenu" in the search.

Right click it and choose "Mark for Reinstallation" or you could remove it completely first and then install it. Worth a shot.
Thanks but that didn't resolve the issue - still no "Mint Menu" :(
Shredder

Post by Shredder »

If I back up all my data files would it hurt to install 10, hoping that would resolve my problem?

Thanks
Dave68

Post by Dave68 »

Either/ or

You can re-install Isadora, or you can install Julia.

I imagine there is an easier way without having to do that, but it appears Aging TechnoGeek is no longer online, and I kind of count him as the "Go To Guy" on matters such as this.

Check back in a couple of days, and wait for a few additional responses. I imagine there is a simpler method.

Thanks,
Dave
Shredder

Post by Shredder »

Okay, I backed everything up and tossed on Linux Mint 10 - everything is "back to normal" but even better and I'm lovin' it!!!

Thanks,

Brad
:)

Return to “Beginner Questions”