General question about personal software settings

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

General question about personal software settings

Postby Raphael on Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:16 pm

Hi again,

If I install a new version of Mint that includes a major upgrade of a software, will it usually get along well with the old ".nameofsoftware" directory in my home folder? If that directory contains text- for instance, if the software in question is Tomboy or Krecipes or something similar- will the new version after the upgrade be able to access the text like the old one did?

Sorry if this has already been answered, I wasn't sure what terms I should use in the search function for it.
Raphael
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: General question about personal software settings

Postby scorp123 on Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:52 pm

Raphael wrote: If I install a new version of Mint that includes a major upgrade of a software, will it usually get along well with the old ".nameofsoftware" directory in my home folder?
Usually yes ... but only if you created a separate /home partition ... or else you will lose all your settings when you reinstall.
scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Postby linuxviolin on Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:55 pm

oups, sorry scorp is already happened here :lol:
K.I.S.S. ===> "Keep It Simple, Stupid"
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." (Leonardo da Vinci)
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Albert Einstein)
linuxviolin
Level 8
Level 8

Return to Newbie Questions