Remapping places [SOLVED]

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
NimaSepassi

Remapping places [SOLVED]

Post by NimaSepassi »

Hi,

Any help from someone who's actually done this will be well appreciated. Please read this post carefully since I don't know the exact terminology. I will attempt to be as clear and to the point as possible. Thanks.

The places that automatically show up in save and open dialog boxes point to areas on the OS partition. My computer is set up with using one data partition and several OS partitions. The question is: How do I set up Mint so that the places, ie the Document, Music, Pictures, Videos and Downloads links to point to the corresponding folders on my data partition?

Thanks,
Nima (xy)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
gn2

Re: Remapping places

Post by gn2 »

Presuming you are using Gnome and Nautilus the default file browser, click on Home under Places, navigate to your desired location and just drag and drop folder(s) from your desired location into the Places sidebar.
Once you have the locations you want listed you can remove the default ones by right-clicking on them.
NimaSepassi

Re: Remapping places

Post by NimaSepassi »

Wow, all this time (literally years) of having to deal with this minor annoyance and it was this easy to fix?

Thanks gn2. The help is well appreciated.

Nima (xy)

Return to “Beginner Questions”