ndiswrapper: IPv6 Duplicate address

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
pottzie

ndiswrapper: IPv6 Duplicate address

Post by pottzie »

I'm using ndiswrapper in Mint9. I can see my router, but can't connect to the 'net. dmesg tail shows "wlan4: IPv6 duplicate address fe80::211:59ff:fe20:6d2c detected

Anyone know what it's seeing, or how to correct it?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kwevej

Re: ndiswrapper: IPv6 Duplicate address

Post by kwevej »

I'd try to disable IPv6

there are some guides how-to do that around
pottzie

Post by pottzie »

One suggestion was to run "lsmod | grep ip" and see what it returns; and if it returns nothing, then ipv6 is disabled. I ran it and got zilch for a return. So howcome I got no internet? Besides "Maybe god just doesn't like what websites I go to," I mean.
kwevej

Post by kwevej »

pottzie

Post by pottzie »

Well, apparently I'm just flat out of luck. This was posted last night, and I left the computer on over night. When I got up, after searching the link that kwevej posted (not a lot in it. One Ubuntu post saying that the poster's ndiswrapper/wireless receiver conked out for no reason, and a post from Indonesia, and a link to a page of random problems), I tried to connect, to see what happened. I was able to get to the internet! I thought, well, maybe it was just a weak signal, and I didn't have a problem. When I tried to get to Mint Forum, so I could post that i had connected to the web, it crashed again. dmesg tail shows a solid page of ""ndiswrapper log entry: 193" errors. I may have several different problems, and the error messages are merely symptoms, and not the root cause.
Don't know if I should continue this thread or start a new one. This isn't a Mint problem per se, I have the same trouble in Ubuntu and Fedora, and I'm trying to get wicd working in Fedora right now to see if that helps. I'll get back here to let anyone know if it's a cure.

Return to “Beginner Questions”