HOW secure is Linux? BACKDOOR

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Re: HOW secure is Linux? BACKDOOR

Post by tdockery97 »

One way or another, "they" are watching. And I don't mind at all because:

1. With all it's bad politics, corruption in high places and other flaws, I love my USA

2. Many terrorists lately have been stopped because they could be watched

3. I am certainly more concerned about contracting viruses and malware than I am about being watched by "big brother"

4. I'm one heck of a nice guy :wink: Like another post stated above, I hope "they" are enjoying the music and videos on my computer. :D

So next time you are on your computer, be sure and look at the camera and talk into the microphone. :lol:
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
willie42
Level 7
Level 7

Post by willie42 »

I want to add one thing here. They dont have to put back doors in to our systems. Our Browsers are set up to track everywhere we go, what we buy and everything we do. So its really no secret and they dont need any back doors they can do it right in front of us and nothing we can do. The only way to have a totally secure system is set up a home network on its own with no internet connection and just updates via thumb Drive. Keep your secluded network locked down. Realistically very few folks on here will do that. So like AT has mentioned dont do anything that you need to be ashamed of or anything you dont want everyone to know and all will be grand. :mrgreen: :D :mrgreen: :P
Comptia A+ Certified Technician
Comptia Network + Certified Technician
You can not have Success without Failures.
marli

Post by marli »

1) this stack does not relate to LINUX.
2)Evidence suggest its made up.
3)any code for a backdoor would be discovered by virus writer by now.
4)any inserted weakness would most likely be a "sidedoor" not a full backdoor but a security weakness in some incryption or data pass. meaning they would need to enduce effort to break in. moving the job from difficult to easy. meaning they would only use it on targets worth hitting.

they are watching... but almost definately...not you.
even east german with 2/3rds the population in someway employed at spying couldnt get everything.
AND they disregarded false positives.

so dont worry, youre more likly to win the lottery.
Habitual

Post by Habitual »

All I can say is "low hanging fruit".

Return to “Beginner Questions”