Ok, newbie here

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

Ok, newbie here

Postby trondjac on Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:56 pm

Hi there guys and girls.
I would describe me very new to this linux world. I Just downloaded ubuntu and I'm using it now.

I want to install this Mint on my laptop instead. But what should I install, Daryna or Celena?

I really like to look of the mint os. I can't wait to try it out :D

Thanks in advance!
trondjac
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby Husse on Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:18 pm

Welcome to Mint trondjac
I'd say wait a week or two and then install Daryna - looks very promising so far
A few quirks, easy to overcome and it's installed and ready
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Postby trondjac on Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:42 am

Husse wrote:Welcome to Mint trondjac
I'd say wait a week or two and then install Daryna - looks very promising so far
A few quirks, easy to overcome and it's installed and ready

Ok, thanks for the replay.

But if I install the beta of Daryna now, will I run into a lot of problems, or will it work ok, but not with all new features, or I'm I totaly lost?
trondjac
Level 1
Level 1

Postby andyvr4 on Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:37 am

trondjac wrote:But if I install the beta of Daryna now, will I run into a lot of problems, or will it work ok, but not with all new features, or I'm I totaly lost?

There's a chance that the new beta could be unstable for you since there's a lot of new features that haven't been fully tested yet. With that said, so far it appears that nobody has been having any major problems with the new beta, so it's really up to you.

I personally will usually way to install a new release on my computer until after a fully stable version has been released and will instead play with the beta versions in a virtual machine using virtualbox.
andyvr4
Level 2
Level 2

Postby dpar on Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:51 pm

I've been playing with Daryna on a duel boot system with Ubuntu and have to say that, so far, I have found it very stable.
dpar
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions