Squeezebox boom

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
starbunyip

Squeezebox boom

Post by starbunyip »

Computer - linux operating system only using isadora mint
Network - xbox, xtreamer, squeezebox boom and one other desktop
Wireless - TP-Link WR941ND, broadband

Not sure if i am in the right place - but I was given a squeezebox boom for christmas. It needs squeezebox server installed to run. I have downloaded the software and installed it - I clicked the download button, it identified by operating system, gave me a pop up window that had a package installer option, I said yes, it downloaded, then the familiar pop up window with do you want to install - i said yes and voila, the close button.

Now - I can't see it in my applications. Once - when I did 192.168.1.100:9000 I managed to get a web page. But nothing after that. I have tried a total uninstall and reinstall, rebooting the computer and am now at a loss. I am a very novice user.

Also - if there is anyone out there with one of these - it worked seamlessly connecting to my wireless then bringing up my favourite station from Australia. Using http://www.mysqueezebox.com. I opened an account and even though it could not find my squeezebox server, it could find my mysqueezebox account and play my favourites list. Now - it cannot/will not connect to mysqueezebox.com and does not recognise i have a server. This happens on both wired and wireless, and with my favourites and with the 'staff picks' from the box.

The hour or so of music I had was fantastic - no buffering issues, crystal clear and I could have the box in the kitchen - I was well impressed. Now it feels like a cold dead box of frustration.

Again - if anyone is familiar with this - when i open MSB - and hit remote control, it does find the squeezebox. Not sure if that is significant.

Software downloaded from: http://www.mysqueezebox.com/index/Home

Thanks for any help/suggestions
Cheers Lisa
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
starbunyip

Re: Squeezebox boom

Post by starbunyip »

Right - now have squeezebox server working - did the following
1. Re-installed SBS
2. went to terminal and typed service squeezebox server start
3. opened firefox and typed 127.0.0.1:9000
4. this seems to be working fine

On the other problem:
All day with the squeezebox boom failing to connect to mysqueezebox.com - anyone else with that problem?

Cheers - Lisa
LAN

Re: Squeezebox boom

Post by LAN »

Hi,

I have the Squeezebox Radio but I don think that matter. I also have some connection problems sometimes, but my biggest issue is that I can see my music that I share from my computer to the Squeezebox Server. Do you have this issue as well?

/LA

Return to “Beginner Questions”