Back in the Linux Game!

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Back in the Linux Game!

Postby Zman9001 on Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:08 pm

Hi everyone! Thought I'd introduce myself. After the past few years in the dark world of Windoze I'm back in the Linux game with Linux Mint 3.1. It seems absolutely fantastic so far and haven't had any major problems other than getting my sound card to work properly but that's resolved now.

After years of looking through the teller windows of Win95, 98, 00, Me, XPPro, and Vista, I'm completely fed up with M$ and have now for the second time fully migrated into an Open-Source environment.

I've been into Linux since the days of Red Hat 9. I've since been on Madrake 10, SuSe something or other, Fedora Core 5, Fedora 7, and now Mint 3.1.

Stay Open,
Rob
Zman9001
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby civint on Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:12 pm

well, welcome back! I hope you enjoy being back in a vibrant minty fresh community as well :P
civint
Level 3
Level 3

Return to Newbie Questions