Linux/Windows file Encryption

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
schnob

Linux/Windows file Encryption

Post by schnob »

Ok so im a little new to this, but i need to encrypt a few files on my flash drive and my computer. Is there an easy tool for Linux that will encrypt them so that it just asks for a password on both Windows and any Linux distribution?
Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
marli

Re: Linux/Windows file Encryption

Post by marli »

try 7zip on windows should extract zip(and most other) files made in linux.
there is a 7zip version for linux but the standard archiver should be ok.(im bnot sure what encryption it supports though?)
http://www.7-zip.org/
Culchy

Re: Linux/Windows file Encryption

Post by Culchy »

You might want to try TrueCrypt, available for Windows and Linux and will work cross-platform.

Return to “Beginner Questions”