Installing Flash on Mint

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
vesilli2000

Installing Flash on Mint

Post by vesilli2000 »

So I just installed Mint 9.0 KDE and I wanted to play a video on Youtube on Firefox 4 Beta, and I was promoted to install the latest Flash plugin. I have downloaded every different variant of this file and still can't figure out how to get it either properly installed or functioning. I am stuck with libflashplayer.so and don't know what to do with that file. If anyone knows how to help me please let me know.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Re: Installing Flash on Mint

Post by tdockery97 »

It goes in the Firefox Plugins folder. I've found the easiest way to install flash is to use Package Manager and install flashplugin-nonfree.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
TBABill
Level 6
Level 6

Post by TBABill »

vesilli2000 wrote:So I just installed Mint 9.0 KDE and I wanted to play a video on Youtube on Firefox 4 Beta, and I was promoted to install the latest Flash plugin. I have downloaded every different variant of this file and still can't figure out how to get it either properly installed or functioning. I am stuck with libflashplayer.so and don't know what to do with that file. If anyone knows how to help me please let me know.
And since you are on an Ubuntu variant, a VERY easy way to always have the latest flash version installed is to install FLASH-AID extension in Firefox. It works the same on Ubuntu based Mint as it does on Ubuntu and takes all future worries out of it. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... flash-aid/
Chris_C

Post by Chris_C »

You could also use the software manager and type Flash. I have flashplugin-and flash plugin-installer. Everything works. There is also adobe-flashplugin.

Return to “Beginner Questions”