Mint Debian Edition not updating gnome menus

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
misterp1998

Mint Debian Edition not updating gnome menus

Post by misterp1998 »

Hi Guys,
been running LMDE for about a month now, and Im really starting to like it, getting a bit disillusioned with Ubuntu versions after Hardy. Im having a problem with Gnome menus. Whenever I install a new app e.g Kget it doesnt update it in the Menu, Internet Menu. Ir runs from Terminal, but cant be accessed from GUI menus. Is this a bug? How can I fix it?
TIA
Steve
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
gn2

Re: Mint Debian Edition not updating gnome menus

Post by gn2 »

Right click on the menu, Edit Menus > Internet > +New Item
and fill in the boxes.
misterp1998

Re: Mint Debian Edition not updating gnome menus

Post by misterp1998 »

Cool, thanks... bit obvious really! I should have tried that in the first place!

Return to “Beginner Questions”