KDE vs GNOME help plz

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dante19992

KDE vs GNOME help plz

Post by dante19992 »

ok i used mint 9 KDE and i found it so sluggish and bloated but i rly liked the look and feel. i needed speed however so i went back to main edition. i wanna kno. is it really KDE or is it the operating system. i ask this because somewhere i heard mention that thre reason that people thing KDeis slow and bloated is beacuase of Kubuntu being bloated and slow not on the DE level but on the actual operating system level. any advice here? cuz im considering trying mint 10 KDE. i like the blue wintermint feel and the pretiness and features and all
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Elisa

Re: KDE vs GNOME

Post by Elisa »

IMHO if you feel lost when using of Mint 9 KDE, I wouldn't suggest you to hurry up to the 10th of KDE...
For KDE, u have to have a better graph. card than a poor one but saying - it is 'bloated' or what, no, I cannot agree with that...

There are some other tools and other ways how to solve the same task, except many other things but using it you'll learn quickly how it works or how to customize it ;)
dante19992

Re: KDE vs GNOME

Post by dante19992 »

o i kno how it works and all if its like mint 9 kde but im saying speed wise is there a difference between it and the main edition of mint? also can i use the liquorix kernel on it like i do in main edition for its speed and preformance boost. and i was never lost with kde. it was easier than gnome to work with just it felt so slow is all
dante19992

Re: KDE vs GNOME help plz

Post by dante19992 »

apparently speed doesnt matter as i installed mint 10 kde rc and i couldnt even install my requisite wireless driver
GhoS

Post by GhoS »

FWIW I have found Mint 10 KDE to work even faster than Mint 9, and 9 wasn't too shappy. Although I don't use wireless so can't help you there.
dante19992

Post by dante19992 »

well i LOVE kde (as i have said many times) so what im going to do is im going to report the issue to boo and then use opensuse kde until either the issue is fixed or the final release is well released. then i will come back to mint

Return to “Beginner Questions”