Touchpad stops working on Resume from suspend

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lobstar

Touchpad stops working on Resume from suspend

Post by lobstar »

Hey

Finally I got my suspend to work but unfortunately my touchpad stops working when I resume the laptop.I need to do a reboot for it to start working.

Anyone experinced similar problems?

Using a Lenovo Y310 3000
Linux Mint Isadora

Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
dawgdoc

Re: Touchpad stops working on Resume from suspend

Post by dawgdoc »

It is not a general problem in Mint with suspend. I use both LM Isadora and LMDE and able to use my touchpad after either Sleep (Suspend to RAM) or Hibernate (Suspend to Disk). I have a Synaptics touchpad. If you do not know what yours is, you can check with

Code: Select all

xinput list
You can also check log files for error messages either using the Log File Viewer or terminal. Look in dmesg and pm-suspend.log if using
> Menu > Administration > Log File Viewer. The terminal commands to view the same would be

Code: Select all

dmesg
cat /var/log/pm-suspend.log
if you have a Synaptics Touchpad you can narrow the output you must look through by adding | grep "Syn\|Touc\|Pad\|pad" to the end of the terminal command. If you have a different model touchpad just modify accordingly. Remember the command line is case sensitive. Received different results using Pad and pad. You would likewise receive different results with alp or Alp if you have an Alps touchpad.

Return to “Beginner Questions”