Need some opinion about my next upgrade 7.04 to 7.10

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Need some opinion about my next upgrade 7.04 to 7.10

Postby Souleestyles on Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:48 pm

Hi Folks,

I use Mint on my personnal pc since BIANCA (6.10).
Honestly, I like it (MINT) and my personnal issues are really rare.
Anyway, to upgrade to 7.04, I used at that time the upgrading option. I didn't know if it was the good way. My upgrade has been a success and all are running well since then.
Why did I write this? because I read a topic in the forum saying dont upgrade 7.04 to 7.10 via the upgrade option.
My question are:
It was the good way to upgrade 6.10 to 7.04?
What do you think about my next upgrade 7.04 to 7.10 (Daryna, for sure) when it will be available? Do you think I will?

Thanks in advance for your replies,
Souleestyles
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Don't do it...

Postby cmost on Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:35 pm

While it's true that you had success going from 6.10 to 7.04, Ubuntu upgrades are a precarious proposition at best. Some versions upgrade nicely while others may hose your system. Unfortunately, many users of Ubuntu 7.04 are reporting significant problems after upgrading to 7.10. Let's be honest: many users are reporting significant problems with 7.10 even on fresh installations. Since Linux Mint Daryna (4.0) is a derivative of Ubuntu 7.10, I would heed the warnings of the developers. They've made it clear that attempting to upgrade from Linux Mint 3.x to 4.0 will result in a broken system. On the other hand, you're free to experiment as you see fit. Go ahead and try the upgrade. Just remember, if you run into problems, you'll be hard pressed to find sympathy on these forums. You've been warned.
cmost
Level 4
Level 4

Return to Newbie Questions