Eye Candy

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

Eye Candy

Postby Taranisstl on Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:13 pm

I just installed 4.0b KDE into a VirtualBox VM. Everything seems to be working well. Open Office says it is crashing when I close it, but other than that seems to be running like a top.

How do you enable Compiz? I remember in 3.1 Gnome all I had to do was click on Beryl in the menu and it work out of the box. is the 4.0b KDE eye candy ready?

Thanks!
Taranisstl
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby Husse on Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:36 am

I think it's like in Daryna gnome. You find it in "Appereance" not sure though
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Postby acegeezer on Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:11 pm

Provided your drivers are OK, this is what I had to do in Daryna 4.0

After I had gone into 'Appearance' .. Visual effects (select Extra) I had to install Compiz Manager to get the "Advanced Desktop Effect Settings"

sudo aptitude install compizconfig-settings-manager

Hope this helps.
acegeezer
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Eye Candy

Postby bill w on Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:26 pm

In Gutsy, I did all the above, but still had to install a Compiz-Fusion Icon from synaptic. It listed itself under system tools, then when I clicked it it would load into the notification panel...but only with a blank space (haha). Then I would right click the blank space and get the setting options, where I could make compiz the windows manager and emerald the windows theme, then it was active. Whew.
bill w
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions