change GDM theme

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
trey31357

change GDM theme

Post by trey31357 »

Hello all,

I'm new to Linux Mint, and am loving it. I'm experimenting with the Ubuntu family after a 5 year hiatus from Linux, and am enjoying Mint more than Ubuntu and Kubuntu so far. Anyway, I've set up my desktop in a manner I like, and the only thing left I'd like to change appearance-wise is the login screen. I understand that if I download a "GDM theme" and install it, then I'll achieve the desired effect. I've chosen and downloaded a theme, but do not know how to go about installing it. After Googling the topic, it seems in earlier versions of Mint it was a pretty simple process of finding the Login Window Manager from the Menu, but I can't find it in LM 10. I'm sure I'm overlooking something, could someone point me in the right direction?

Also, if it is a more complex method to install, I'm not afraid to edit files, I just need to know which ones :D

Thanks in advance for your help.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: change GDM theme

Post by remoulder »

See http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... me#p372576. It is good practice to search the forums before making a post.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
kvv

Re: change GDM theme

Post by kvv »

And this: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=63821

But, the solution listed there is really buggy, so I don't recommend you to try it unless you feel adventurous.

Return to “Beginner Questions”