Sony Ericsson

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
slab

Sony Ericsson

Post by slab »

I bought a Sony Ericsson W910i and when I plug it in the USB using LMDE on my laptop the pc doesn't find it... how to deal with this issue ?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Sony Ericsson

Post by remoulder »

Searching is usually a good first step!
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
det4100
Level 4
Level 4

Post by det4100 »

Check to see if you have the option to treat the phone as a mass storage device. Check the phones settings options.
det4100

Running Mint Debian
killer988

Post by killer988 »

put a different usb first. then put ur phone in after that
slab

Post by slab »

when I use the phone as mass storage device it doesn't find it at all ! but when I choose media transfer it finds it but it gives me an error something about the camera which doesn't make cense... when I click OK to the error it unmounts the phone but if I dont click OK i can manage files from it and this doesn't make cense too :D and trust me ... I've been searching for help about 2 days and I didn't find anything... if I knew the USB port's name ( eth0 sd0 sd1 or something like that) I can mount it manually ... but when I type dmesg nothing that I see helps me :D

Return to “Beginner Questions”