No sound - motherboard,libraries,an evil combination maybe?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
forestofstars

Post by forestofstars »

Recently got the asus p5kpl-am epu motherboard. No sound at first, it soon after decided to work though so I thought everything would be ok even if I didn't install it's scaryingnewbiesaway drivers.

Well, not quite. Yesterday I was feeling pretty adventurous and installed two players, mesk and xnoise, along with python-gst 0.10-dev and gstreamer 0.10 (in case you somehow find this info useful or just want to laugh at me for doing something wrong).
And, two mins later, realised they weren't any better than deadbeef after all. Oh yes, and that I had lost my sound. Crying out loud and all the rest.

I definitely am not sure I should have downloaded the certain packages and, since I hadn't felt like listening to any music till that moment, I don't even know if the sound was gone before or after I did this.

All I know is that reinstalling the os didn't make things better and -ok, just that: No sound, please help. *some desperate smilie*
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
forestofstars

Post by forestofstars »

Currently attempting to install the latest alsa thingies, just in case. Starting with, utils.

However, I get this: fatal error: alsa/use-case.h: No such file or directory.

Does anyone know what I should do with it, apart from staring at it for about 15 pathetic minutes?

Return to “Beginner Questions”