Reboot problem after suspend.

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
squidy84

Reboot problem after suspend.

Post by squidy84 »

I using Asus X42DE and having dual boot system(XP and Linux Mint 10).
I having problem to reboot my laptop after I had entered suspend mode in Linux. I need to unplug the power cord of my laptop for few second and then can enter the dual boot selection.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lauren

Re: Reboot problem after suspend.

Post by lauren »

Hi!
You have a swap partition? Size? RAM size?
squidy84

Post by squidy84 »

I have 3 partition and my ram size is 2Gb.
The problem is not wake up from suspend after have been suspend once and I shut down the laptop then restart back laptop have problem can't load into the dual boot mode. Having blank screen only
lauren

Post by lauren »

Hi!
You have a root, home and swap partition? What is the size of swap partition?
squidy84

Post by squidy84 »

32GB
lauren

Post by lauren »

squidy84 wrote:32GB
I never heard of such a swap, size 3 - 4 GB would be enough in your case; too much or to few could cause a problem.
You could read http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=63013, reply 7 (concerning swap).

Return to “Beginner Questions”