BCM4312 802.11b/g LP-PHY wireless for AAO D150-1920 Fixed

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
donec
Level 4
Level 4

BCM4312 802.11b/g LP-PHY wireless for AAO D150-1920 Fixed

Post by donec »

I hope this is an acceptable place to post this.

I am posting this because it got my wireless working and was extremely easy once I found the information.

I have been going crazy trying to get my wireless working on my Acer Aspire One D-150-1920. I have read info on many sites and tried many things and nothing worked. The I found a post by xtechcode on the Ubuntu forum at....
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1593717 post number 7 and it fixed every thing. If I understand things it removed something that was interfering with my wireless and all the sudden it worked.

What I did was copy each line and paste it into the terminal and when Linux Mint 10 rebooted my wireless worked. These are the lines I copied and pasted....

sudo apt-get --purge remove firmware-b43-installer
sudo apt-get --purge remove dkms
sudo apt-get --purge remove bcmwl-kernel-source
sudo apt-get install bcmwl-kernel-source
sudo reboot

Many thanks to xtechcode and the person he said he got it from binarylife for getting me through this.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Don
http://bestwebstop.webcentr.net
Links and accurate information provide the best answer, while garbage in provides garbage out.ImageRegistered Linux user # 449322
Moved up to LM17 KDE
rdonnelly
Level 5
Level 5

Re: BCM4312 802.11b/g LP-PHY wireless for AAO D150-1920 Fixe

Post by rdonnelly »

Good Job, a solved problem is more helpful then an unsolved problem. :mrgreen:
Using Mint since 2008
*Mint 18.2 KDE
*ASUS 970 PRO GAMING/AURA AM3+ AMD 970 + SB 950 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1
*AMD FX-8370 with AMD Wraith cooler Vishera 8-Core 4.0 GHz (4.3 GHz Turbo)
*G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 SDRAM
*nVIDIA GEFORCE GT 610 2GB
donec
Level 4
Level 4

Re: BCM4312 802.11b/g LP-PHY wireless for AAO D150-1920 Fixe

Post by donec »

Thanks but there may be more to it than I thought. I mean it works but there may be something I did before that which I don't remember doing. I say this because I tried to get my Linux Mint 10 Live USB stick to work with the wireless on my AAO D150-1920 by doing the same things I mentioned and it did not work. I am not concerned other than wanting to know what is going on. Maybe there is something different in using the Live USB stick?????
Don
http://bestwebstop.webcentr.net
Links and accurate information provide the best answer, while garbage in provides garbage out.ImageRegistered Linux user # 449322
Moved up to LM17 KDE

Return to “Beginner Questions”