How good is mint with Wireless cards?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Thomas
Level 1
Level 1

How good is mint with Wireless cards?

Post by Thomas »

Hello,
I am interested in installing Linux Mint as a dual-boot on my Dell laptop with Dell(broadcom) 1390 wireless & I wondered if mint had drivers for it.
Thanks,
Thomas
Thomas
Level 1
Level 1

Re: How good is mint with Wireless cards?

Post by Thomas »

Anyone?
2CyJo

Re: How good is mint with Wireless cards?

Post by 2CyJo »

Hi,

I would guess the answer is no!

My INSPIRON|6400 and I are left in the wilderness after doing the installation and discovering that LINUX MINT could not see my wi fi. Could not download, upgrade or email! Thanks to my Apple Mac, I am writing this now! In addition to what I have said, The wreckage of my Windows XP, looked more like a shedload of psychopathic rodents, Partitioning did not seem like an option.

With all humility, I would suggest that that you take notes of all your PC's Wi-Fi card, device manager, card model, and your driver and version before you do anything else as I have found the new Linux language difficult to translate from the windows knowledge. It is certainly a good looking desktop.

Good luck,

2CyJo

Return to “Beginner Questions”