Navigation - Scroll/Title/Taskbar

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Jesse654

Navigation - Scroll/Title/Taskbar

Post by Jesse654 »

I'm posting these questions here (and all together) as they are all niggling little annoyances that have to do with DE navigating (in Gnome, I presume).

1) When a window is maximized, it seems the scrollbar is not activated on the right-most pixel. So when I put my mouse all the way to the right and try to scroll, it doesn't. I have to move it back a pixel or two. Is this normal? Is it "fixable"?

2) A scrollbar single click (to page down) will often page down multiple times instead of just once. Am I the only one experiencing this?

3) A double click on title bar usually takes multiple tries to restore/maximize the window. Again, only for me?

4) While holding down the left button when scrolling, is there a way to get back to where you were viewing by moving the mouse pointer well away from the scrollbar? This is useful when in the middle of a page, then scrolling up (eg, to the top of the page) while holding the left mouse button on the scroll thumb, then releasing it away from (well to the left of) the scroll bar to return to the middle. This was possible in another OS (that popular one).

5) Is there a way to turn off the toggle effect of clicking the task bar icon so it does not minimize an application, just restore/switch to it? I couldn't see in the Control Center exactly how to do this.

I know. These are all small issues. I'm not interested in pursuing "bug fixes" for them (probably not going to happen anyway), but they are constant annoyances. If there are work-arounds for any of these, please let me know. Thanks a bunch.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Jesse654

Re: Navigation - Scroll/Title/Taskbar

Post by Jesse654 »

bump

Return to “Beginner Questions”