Something weird in my laptop (now ok)

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Freezer

Something weird in my laptop (now ok)

Post by Freezer »

HI!

I have problems with Isadora, and very much time I serch for internet if I maybe find some tips how to repair the broken part of y computer. My Laptop is Acer aspire 5520, AMD Athlon x 2, and Mint 9 Isadora with gnome desktop.

I have little problem which made me very frustrade and angry. First sign that tell me "Problems are coming" is touchpad what is too sensitive. So I go to 'Mouse settings' and Tab 'Touchpad* I choose option Disable. But some week after that, my touhpad start working and It is very bad thing, because it highlight all text, active links and makes e crazy. When t-pad is mode: disabled then "moude settings" wiev three tab mouse/accessibility/touchpad. Then, if pad is activated itself, then mouse settings don't show "touchpad" -tab. (If it is possible Kill for ever, its good for me)

But about week ago, my laptop get mad and make weird things. Unexepted shut dis is yown few time at week. That makes me angry but this is my only laptop, OK, thats depressive or harmless, nothing chance because I dont save important file in computer. Two days ago, I install Mint again, and it works better but have little problems yet.

I Have try every tips that i found on internet because i believe to found simple appliation to set Touchpad settings. Find qsynaptics and some more way to fix this problem. But Synaptic or package manager or terminal don't work. Install with synaptic don't work, in terminal it give message "command not found. Sometimes this laptop frozen.

Please help! Maybe some software what detects failures, check disk, fix broken data etc. Or Terminal commands to do diskcheck and detect software, and fix and help with problems.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: Something weird in my laptop

Post by richyrich »

Open your terminal, type "gconf-editor" (or use Alt+F2), enter, and the gnome configuration editor will open. Navigate to "desktop > gnome > peripherals > touchpad" and un-check the entry "touchpad_enabled". This will disable the touchpad, and it will no longer re-enable itself.

richy
Freezer

Re: Something weird in my laptop (now ok)

Post by Freezer »

Thank you!

Return to “Beginner Questions”