will mint work on Athlon64 with asus k8s-mx motherboard?

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

will mint work on Athlon64 with asus k8s-mx motherboard?

Postby nanbudh on Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:19 am

Gusty is freezing frequently on my machine. It also has graphics corruption(which i can live with). Will linuxmint work on this machine or will it also crash?
my machine: Athlon 64, asus k8s-mx motherboard, SiS 760GX chipset, Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] 661/741/760/761 PCI/AGP VGA Display Adapter, SATA Samsung 80 GB HDD.
gutsy intallation tried: i tried AMD64 desktop CD, AMD64 alternate CD, i386 alternate CD. All with similar freezeup frequency.
Earlier i have used dapper i386 alternate installation for more than a year and it never crashed.
All help appreciated.
nanbudh
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: will mint work on Athlon64 with asus k8s-mx motherboard?

Postby Husse on Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:51 am

Welcome to Mint nanbudh
If Gutsy freezes the risk is that Daryna freezes
That motherboard is a strange bastard with integrated AGP video and a PCI-E x1 slot
I would not be surprised over issues with stability
But I've seen many reports about things working in Mint but not Ubuntu and vice versa, so the only way to know is to try. The torrents are working well now....
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Return to Newbie Questions