How do I load KDE on Mint 4.0?

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

How do I load KDE on Mint 4.0?

Postby constantine768 on Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:42 am

Hi,
The default is GNOME when I start Daryna.
1.How do I start KDE?
2.Also I dont find Beryl manager now which was in Cassandra.why is that?? there is Visual effects manager but Beryl was a perfect manager.Is there a way to download it?

Please help me.
Awaiting response..

Sid
constantine768
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: How do I load KDE on Mint 4.0?

Postby LuZ1F3R on Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:00 am

first - sorry for my bad english :)

the beryl project is not longer supported. the projects "beryl" and "compiz" are now one project named "compiz fusion".
to configure it - install the package compizconfig-settings-manager via apt-get or synaptic :)

for kde you have to reinstall the KDE package (or use the install-package "KDE Community Edition BETA 011" for daryna ^^)
-> apt-get install kde or via Synaptic :)
LuZ1F3R
Level 1
Level 1

Postby constantine768 on Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:50 am

Thanks lucifer,
But would compiz be similar to what I got in beryl?

Also for KDE, if I dont want to reinstall the whole OS, how do I do it?
By "apt-get install kde" will my current installation be able to load KDE?

--consta
LuZ1F3R wrote:first - sorry for my bad english :)

the beryl project is not longer supported. the projects "beryl" and "compiz" are now one project named "compiz fusion".
to configure it - install the package compizconfig-settings-manager via apt-get or synaptic :)

for kde you have to reinstall the KDE package (or use the install-package "KDE Community Edition BETA 011" for daryna ^^)
-> apt-get install kde or via Synaptic :)
constantine768
Level 1
Level 1

Postby daveny on Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:00 am

Compiz-fusion is containing all the things what beryl. (as far as I know, I did not use beryl)
daveny
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions