Dbus errors

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

Dbus errors

Postby 5x5 on Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:40 am

Hi all. I've been using LinuxMint Daryna KDE beta 011 for a couple of weeks now, no problems. I wanted to try the Gnome version so installed, used for a couple of days and then decided to go back to KDE. For some reason, with this install, I am getting DBUS errors with a couple of applications, most notably F-Spot and Rhythmbox. I uninstalled RB in favor of Amarok so that's not a problem anymore but can only start F-Spot with 'dbus-launch f-spot'. I am not sure what hardware info to give so if anyone can help with this, just let me know what you need.

Many thanks,
Carrie

p.s. I am not a guru and don't know if this matters at all but I enabled 'Dbus' in CCSM and it changed nothing.
5x5
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Dbus errors

Postby Husse on Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:34 pm

Maybe something for dbus
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=6747&p=42927&hilit=dbus#p42927
This is not about your problem, but still...
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Dbus errors

Postby 5x5 on Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:21 pm

Thks for the link. I'm not sure if that's related either. Too inexperienced. ;-)
5x5
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions