few windows integrated in 1

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
d4k

few windows integrated in 1

Post by d4k »

One more nuwbie question: is there are some way in compiz, emerald or whatever to attach a few windows to one ( i need to have 2 windows on screen and fast Alt+Tab it...) googled alot - nothing found. Any advices ?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
odo5435

Re: few windows integrated in 1

Post by odo5435 »

I'm not sure if this is any help to you, but one way to get two (and only two AFAIK) 'windows' is to click on the "View" option in any open window and then click on the "Extra Pane" option that appears in the drop down list. You also then get a couple of easy options to copy and move files or folders between panes.

Of course, if you need more than two windows open there may be an app for this, or you could simply open the ones you need and then resize and move them so that they're all showing. You might then also want to enable the "Select Windows when the Mouse moves over them" button in Menu>Control Centre>Personal>Windows to avoid having to click on the window to work in it.
d4k

Re: few windows integrated in 1

Post by d4k »

no, i assump u didnt understand me.. i meant not group only file manager's windows but any.. i seen somewhere video where a guy composed half screen of emacs and other half of screen with firefox and made it together switching this duo on alt+tab with photoshop instance (for fast coding - and its really nice)... i want to know how to get this feature. Can someone help with that ? thanks :roll:

Return to “Beginner Questions”