Window list thinks there is less space than available...

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Window list thinks there is less space than available...

Postby Chrono86 on Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:00 pm

Hey guys~
I set up 2 panels, 1 top and 1 bottom. I set the window list to be at the bottom. Problem is, the window list uses barely any space, and the resulting buttons are tine with barely any text or just a "..." if I have multiple windows open. Is there a way to make it use more of the available space down there? It's like, instead of pushing all the buttons over, it just crams more window buttons into the same amount of space.

Here's a pic with one window open:

http://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1windowfg7.png

And here's what it looks like when I have 3 windows open:

http://img526.imageshack.us/my.php?image=3windowses5.png

Anyway to fix this?
Thanks!
Chrono86
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Window list thinks there is less space than available...

Postby EnvoyRising on Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:54 am

It's been a couple of hours since you posted this, so you might have already solved your problem. If not, the solutioln is simple:

Just right click on the window list (there should be handles at the far left of the actual applet) and select move. From there, just move it to the far left, and that'll make sure that you always have enough room available to display all your open windows.
EnvoyRising
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Window list thinks there is less space than available...

Postby Chrono86 on Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:33 pm

It worked! Thanks!
Chrono86
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions