Fire!!!! (solved)

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

Fire!!!! (solved)

Postby sticknam50392 on Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:57 am

So sorry to everyone for creating so many new topics, major Linux noob trying to do everything cool with Linux. :D
How do I make fire? (the drawing with fire on the desktop thing) I downloaded Compiz, checked the little box to enable it, and tried pushing <super> + <shift> + <button 1> to draw fire, but it's not working. All the other nice little features (like the cube) are working, just fire isn't.
Instead of getting the fire when using above key sequence, the current window that I have open will minimize and moving the mouse will just drag the mini-window around. Releasing it doesn't affect the window that I was on or any other windows that I had opened.
Help?
Thank you. :D
- sticknam50392
Last edited by sticknam50392 on Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sticknam50392
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Fire!!!!

Postby 67GTA on Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:56 pm

You have to click the "paint fire" button, and configure what keys/commands start and stop the effect.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Return to Newbie Questions