Buttons?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
anton_checkov

Buttons?

Post by anton_checkov »

I'm still starting to learn Llinux because I find it really cool when I saw my friends PC. I'm just wondering what those "button" keys are representing. I know that "button 1" is the left click of the mouse but I don't have any idea about the rest. I know that this question sounds stupid but I'm just being honest here. Hope you guys can help me. Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
StanTheMan

Re: Buttons?

Post by StanTheMan »

There are several different styles and themes with Linux. - - Gnome , XFCE , KDE and others. In most types if you right-click on the desktop face , yu will get an options menu that covers the various items showing on the desktop.
ThistleWeb

Re: Buttons?

Post by ThistleWeb »

As far as I know 1,2 & 3 are left, right and middle (under the scroll wheel which I HATE because I always end up scrolling a little before clicking). I think it's to do with switching the settings for left & right handed users. For that it's sometimes called for right handers primary (left) mouse button and alternate (right) mouse button. The Windows key is also called the Super key in a lot of documentation too.

Return to “Beginner Questions”