NEED BELKIN WIRELESS HELPM PLZ :(

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

NEED BELKIN WIRELESS HELPM PLZ :(

Postby lump121 on Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:49 pm

HELLo, i am very new to linux i have looked at a few vertions and this one catch my eye, last nyt i downloaded it and burnt it to a cd the vertion i downloaded was 4.0 darya main edition the Grome one near 700MB any way i am runing on wireless this second on xp home so i no it is working fine..

my problem

i want to swtich to linux for good or do dual boot but i would need linux to work for me to bebale to switch

what happens...

when i play the live cd ( not installing till i no it works) everything is fine mouse, external hardrive evrything works (runing is safe grafics mode if that helps) but i have no wireless conection i understand if i had a diffrent wireless adaptor it would work out of the box whitch is why u are read this now... hehehe ok i need this to work so this is what i have and i need all ya help thanks

the cd for the usb adaptor

Belkin wireless G+ Mimo usb Adaptor (bule wireless sinble with 802.11g)

the software is for xp and 2000

the part number on the cd is as follows part# f5d9050 also anther number that is on there is p75121ea

my mate said somthing about compling drivers... i no for a fact that the program for belkin just wont work

thanks for this great vertion.... if only the wireless worked :( thank you
lump121
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: NEED BELKIN WIRELESS HELPM PLZ :(

Postby lump121 on Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:41 pm

well i can say that your tut's are good becuase it got me on linux :P with the wireless and i have to say the people on the IRC are amazingly helpfull well the one i was speaking to was. this is just a very big thankyou:D to this comuity only if adobe would look and make a photoshop :(

still dobating if i am getting a new system to have linux or dual boot :P
lump121
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions