Am I using 4.0?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
MartinRF
Level 1
Level 1

Am I using 4.0?

Post by MartinRF »

I installed 3.0 this summer and I keep it up to date.
Does this mean I am running 4.0 by now?
If not, what are the differences between my system and 4.0?

/Martin
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
civint
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Am I using 4.0?

Post by civint »

In brief, the answer to your question is no, as far as I can tell.
Differences are in the mint update app (which you may or may not have) as well as some other more subtle differences which are in the code of the whole operating system (since it is based on updated ubuntu, which has changed bits of it in the last few months) throughout (someone correct me if I'm wrong here please!).

Differences are herehttp://www.linuxmint.com/rel_daryna.php

but there will be changes in the codebase that aren't written about in the release notes (that I can see, anyway)
Hope this helps. I am unable to go into the details of what has actually changed under the hood, as it were, since I'm no programmer, but there are updates and changes in the software repos as well, basically a start of some differentiation between mint and ubuntu :lol:, but, if you have working 3.0, why change (well, you may as well keep it until it's support runs out ;-) )

Return to “Beginner Questions”