Failed Installations.

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Failed Installations.

Postby CacheMaker on Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:51 pm

Hi,

Ok, so everytime I try to install something whether it's an update or a program. A failed message comes up even though whatever I install does actually install correctly. I think it's because I tried to install a program called bitpim for linux and for windows with wine. Neither of the ways worked and I deleted all the bitpim files I could find and when I installed something it said in E:\ file on bitpim so I deleted it. But I am still getting the installed failed error. Heres a screen shot of the 2 different screens that appear when I finish installing something. I know it's not anything to really worry about but I'd rather there not be any errors if possible.

Thanks,
GLOCK
Attachments
Installation.png
Installation.png (186.73 KiB) Viewed 326 times
CacheMaker
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Failed Installations.

Postby dpar on Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:21 am

How did you uninstall bitpim? Did you do it using synaptic?
dpar
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Failed Installations.

Postby CacheMaker on Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:21 pm

Ah nope I didn't even think it would be in there. I uninstalled from there but I haven't tried installing anything else yet but I'm sure that probably did take care of it. Thanks!
CacheMaker
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions