Adding program to session/startup programs

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Adding program to session/startup programs

Postby seba on Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:11 pm

Hi there,

Got a question regarding 'sessions'.
I have added 'avant-window-navigator' to the list of startup programs, if I look at the tab 'current session', it is listed at the bottom.
The line there reads; Order: '50', Style: 'Settings', State: '?'/questionmark, Program: /usr/bin/avant-window-manager.

Is there any way to delay the startup of 'Avant window manager', can this be done by changing the value for 'order' ?
If so, to what value should I change 'order' so that 'avant' loads after all other apps have been loaded?

I would like to have 'Avant' loading after the regular programs.
Is this something that can be changed in 'Sessions' or would i be forced to use/write a script for this?
Searching the forum didn't give me an answer besides writing a script myself but I'm still too much of a N00b for this.

Thanks,
seba
Maya Mate x32 on a PentiumM 1,7 GHz.
seba
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Adding program to session/startup programs

Postby Husse on Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:26 pm

If my memory serves me right, the higher the value of order the later it starts - 50 being the default.
So turn up the value a bit and test what you need
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Return to Newbie Questions